– 12 black bean chips
– 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup salsa
– Place black bean chips on baking pan. Top with shredded cheese, bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, top with salsa and some plain greek yogurt. Serve with your choice of vegetables on the side.
Pulled Pork Tacos
– 1lb pork roast (pork shoulder or pork butt….I have used a tenderloin for pulled pork and it has turned out quite well!)
– 1 red pepper, diced
– 1 small onion, diced
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 can tomato paste
– 1 tbsp chili powder
– 2 tsp cumin
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 jalapeño, diced
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– Corn tortillas
– ½ cup of shredded cheese
– Lettuce and tomatoes or salsa and guacamole (see recipes below)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in large pot.
- Brown pork in large pot to sear all the sides.
- Remove the pork roast and put it in a large baking dish that has a lid and is oven safe.
- Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan, add onions and sautée until they are clear
- Add the red pepper, diced tomato’s, tomato paste and spices, mix together for 2.3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the roast, put lid on and cook for 3-4 hours.
- Check roast half through the cooking time and flip it over, stir the sauce.
- Check pork at 3 hours and 30 minutes; use a fork to see how tender the meat is. You will know it’s done when it easily comes apart. When the pork is done, remove from the pot and shred the meat. Discard any large pieces of fat. Mix meat in with sauce.
- Serve on a corn tortilla, topped with cheese, salsa and guacamole! (recipes below)
Peach Salsa (you can make this into regular salsa but not adding the peach 🙂 )
– 3 tomatoes
– 1 small red onion diced
– ¼ cup cilantro
– 1 peach, diced
– salt and pepper
– 1 lime
– 1 jalapeño pepper
1 – Heat a large skillet.
2 – Add the tomatoes and jalapeno to the pan and sear on all sides.
3 – Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, peach, onion, cilantro, juice of the lime, salt and pepper to a food processor and blend for 20-30 seconds. Taste and add more cilantro, salt or pepper, or lime juice to achieve the taste you want!
– 2 ripened avocados
– 1 lime
– ½ cup of cilantro
– ½ of an onion, diced
– 1 small tomato, diced
– salt to taste
- Remove skin from avocado and mash with a fork.
- Add tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste, mix together and enjoy!