One of my favourite dishes to get for take-out is Fried Rice but I have found lately that when we order it for dinner it is lacking in flavor! There aren’t nearly enough vegetables and the rice is usually hard and gross. So I finally decided to make my own! I could seriously sit down and eat the whole giant bowl I made but will restrict my daily consumption to ¾ of a cup. Le sigh. You can add more protein to this by adding chicken, another egg and feel free to add more vegetables! If you do add more veggies you may want to add a bit more soya sauce and use a bit more cooking spray for the vegetables.
– 2 cups of cooked brown rice, cooled in the fridge
– 2 carrots diced
– 3 green onions diced
– ¼ of an onion diced
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 2 tsp of garlic
– 1 tbsp of butter and or cooking spray
– 2 eggs scrambled
– 3 tbsp low sodium soya sauce
– 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
– Pepper to taste and salt if you need it!
- Cook rice according to package, once cooked, cool in fridge while preparing the vegetables ( I spread my rice out on a cooking sheet to cool evenly).
- Add carrots, onions, garlic and peas to pan that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray, or 1 tbsp of melted butter. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add egg and green onions, sautée for 3 minutes
- Add cooked rice, soya sauce and sesame oil. Fry the rice with the veggies for 2 minutes and then serve!
21 Day Fix:
1 cup = 1 yellow, ½ red, ½ green, 1 tsp